We both wrote 26 random words and put them in a box. Each fortnight, we take it in turns to pick a word and we have to post a photo of our interpretation of that word, with an explanation......Click on the photo, then please leave your comments and tell us. What do you see...?

Sunday 20 April 2008

Amazed

When I got this word I knew had already got the photo.....How you ask? Well this picture was taken in Central Park in NY. The picture is of a humble Sparrow in winter. Why are you amazed, I hear you mumble....Are you sitting comfortably?

When I grew up I remember summer days filled with song birds and singing and the non stop bird activity in the garden. Birds would flock down to eat the bread we put out for them. Sparrow after Sparrow would fly down and munch on the bread crust. I remember you would find the poor little babies that had fallen from their nest, the egg shells of hatched Sparrows born on that day. Its another world that mixes with our world and has this combination proved to be the Sparrows undoing???

Where are they now? When was the last time you saw a Sparrow, let alone flocks of them?
Are we living through the Sparrows demise in our country?? I hope Im wrong, please tell me that the humble Sparrow is still going strong....I will be amazed

Amazed


1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Nicki said...

When we go to the ball games in Baltimore, we either see flocks of sparrows or orioles. I can't ever make out the difference.

About Me